Thursday, November 8, 2012

My Favorite New Market



A little while ago a Sprouts Farmer's Market opened in my area. I had been meaning to go there for a while.

Well today was the day. Even in the rain and wind.

And. . .  it's my new favorite store! I will definitely be going back every week.

I didn't check everything out. I decided to mostly check out the produce and bulk items and that I could look into other items as I go back.

I thought the produce was all wonderfully priced. Definitely worth going back, even if that's all I ever buy there.

I tried to take a picture of my purchases. That I got for the amazing price of $17! However, the cocoa roasted almonds (almonds covered with sugar, cocoa, and vanilla) barely made it home. Also, after I took this photo and started putting everything away, I found a bag of apples that someone had pulled out of the bag before I set the picture.

So, for $17 I got:

-a quarter pound of cocoa roasted almonds (not pictured)
-.15 lbs brazil nuts
-.81 pounds of quinoa
-flour
-1 lb baby carrots
-1 cucumber
-3 bell peppers
-1 avocado
-4 honeycrisp apples (not pictured)
-4 kiwis
-3 lemons
-2 tomatoes

I meant to get broccoli. Broccoli crowns were only $.99/lb. I turned my back on them to grab the peppers first, and then somehow forgot. Broccoli is a weekly staple around here, so I'll grab it somewhere else, but good to know I can get it there next week.

And next week, we'll try the cinnamon almonds instead of the cocoa almonds. I'm already wanting to go back.

No comments:

Post a Comment